Strawberry Cream Cake
1duncan hines yellow cake mix
2 Tbspsour cream
1 qtheavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 cstrawberries, fresh or frozen chopped
6strawberries halfs for top
How to Make Strawberry Cream Cake
- pre heat oven to 350, oil and flour 3- 8-9 inch cake pans
- mix cake mix,oil,water,eggs one at a time, mixing well between each egg. add sour cream .
- pour in to prepared cake pans in equal amounts
- bake for 15 or 20 min. until done. Do not over bake or it will be dry.cool in pan for 10 min. then turn onto cooling rack.
- chop strawberries pretty fine.put in bowl with 1/2 cup sugar,stir and let set and juice up. Leave some halves to put on top of cake
- beat heavy cream until it starts to thicken then start adding your conf. sugar a 1/4th cup at a time beat until you have nice peaks mix in vanilla.
- take 1/3 of whipped cream out for top.
- drain the strawberries an put on paper towels to dry.YOU WANT TO KEEP THE JUICE, fold the dry chopped strawberries into the whipped cream
- Ok lets build the cake: Put the first layer on the cake plate take a fork and poke holes in cake. Spread some of the juice from the strawberries on the cake let set a min or 2, then put 1/2 of the cream with chopped strawberries on top. Put next layer on top of strawberry cream, do that layer the same as last. Put on top layer, top with the whipped cream you set aside, decorate with strawberry halves