SOUTHERN TEA CAKES
4 cself rising flour
1/4 tspbaking soda
2eggs, room temp.
2/3 cbuttermilk, room temp.
2 stickparkay margarine, room temp.
1 1/2 tspvanilla flavor
How to Make SOUTHERN TEA CAKES
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl sift flour, and baking soda together.
- In another larger mixing bowl cream margarine, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and nutmeg, beat until well blended.
- Add half the flour mixture and buttermilk to wet mixture, beat until well blended.
- Add the other half of flour mixture and mix with a large wooden spoon until well incorporated.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon full onto greased cookie sheet, about 6 cakes because they spread wide.
- Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool about 2 minutes then remove from cookie sheet to wire cooling rack. Cool completely and store in airtight container.
- NOTE: If you can keep from eating all of them in one day. It is best to let them stay in airtight container for a day or two that way you can taste the flavor much better. ENJOY!