Southern Gooey Butter Cake
Photo adapted from Allrecipes.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- (18 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 c
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c
- chopped pecans
- 3 c
- powdered sugar
How to Make Southern Gooey Butter Cake
- 1Combine yellow cake mix, 2 eggs and the butter. Mix well. The batter will be stiff. Spread the batter into a greased 13 X 9 inch baking pan.
Sprinkle pecans over batter.
- 2Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and the remaining 2 eggs. Mix well and pour over the top of the cake batter.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until top of cake is lightly browned.
Cool about 2 hours before cutting.