Silver Cake MMB
1 1/2 csugar
2 1/4 csifted cake flour (sift first then measure)
3 tspbaking powder
1/2 ccold water
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1/2 tspalmond extract
4egg whites beaten stiffly
How to Make Silver Cake MMB
- Cream shortening. Gradually add sugar.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt 3 times.
- Add alternately (in thirds) with milk, water, and extracts. Beat well after each addition, ending with the flour mixture.
- Fold in egg whites that have been beaten to stiff peaks.
- Bake in 2 greased and floured 9" layer cake pans in a moderately hot oven of 375 F for 25-30 minutes or until done.