Saint Patricks Day Cake
I made this cake on Saturday night, took it to church on Sunday, & this is all we have left to take a picture of.
Someone must have liked it.
I wonder if the "Leprechuans" got into it?
Hey, little guys. Let me know & I'll make you another one.
How to Make Saint Patricks Day Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F for metal or glass pans.
Preheat oven to 325 F for dark or coated pans.
- Grease sides & bottom of pans with shortening or oil spray. I use Butter Flavor Crisco.
- Combine white cake mix, 1 cup of water, 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, & 3 large egg whites in a large bowl on low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Add 3 or 4 drops of green food coloring. Depends on how dark green you want the cake to be.
I didn't add enough. I added only 3 drops.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
Pour batter into greased pans & bake immediately.
- If you use a 9 by 13 pan, like I did, bake for 25 minutes. Stick a tooth pick into the center & pull it back out. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Let it cool completely before putting the frosting on it.
- To help make it simple, (for my sister), I used can frosting on this cake. I added 4 drops of green food coloring to it & stirred it in.
All ovens are not the same.
Electric does not cook like gas.
Altitude affects cooking times.
Adjust your cooking times accordingly.