Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies
- 1 box
- red velvet cake mix (i use duncan hines)
- 1 large
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- oreo cookies broke into chunks
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
CREAM CHEESE TOPING
How to Make Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and grease or spray with no stick spray a 9"x13" baking pan or if you want a thicker brownie use a 9"x9" pan.
- 2In bowl combine cake mix, egg, oil and melted butter and stir to blend. The mixture will be slightly lumpy and that's how you want it. Now fold in crunched up Oreo cookies, I used the Oreo red velvet cookies, but the regular chocolate ones work just fine, also you can amp it up with double stuff! Spread batter evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- 3In mixing bowl combine cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla, than beat with mixer till creamy smooth. Now you can drizzle cream cheese mixture over the top of the brownie layer. Using a butter knife swirl the cream cheese into the red velvet layer, being careful not to go deep into the red velvet layer. You just want the cream cheese layer to be on the surface of the brownie. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, the cream cheese will be a light toasty golden color.
- 4Cut into desired sized squares and serve. Store in air tight container in the fridge. Remove from fridge about an hour before serving. Also if you want to dress them up drop your brownie squares in a cupcake paper.