Quick Fruit Dessert
2 stickbutter, softened
1 1/2 csugar
1 tspvanilla extract for the blueberry or almond extract for the cherry
2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 can(s)21oz. blueberry or cherry
1/4 cpowdered sugar(optional)
How to Make Quick Fruit Dessert
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract(or almond).
- Mix in the flour and baking powder, mix until smooth.
- Butter a 13x9 inch baking dish, and pour the mixture into the dish.
- Spoon the pie filling into the cake, into 16 spots, spacing 4 spoonfuls evenly in each direction
- Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes or until golden and cake tests done. Filling will sink into the cake while baking.
- To serve, cut into the desired serving sizes and sprinkle with confectioners sugar. (optional)