Quick Fruit Dessert
- 2 stick
- butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract for the blueberry or almond extract for the cherry
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 can(s)
- 21oz. blueberry or cherry
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar(optional)
How to Make Quick Fruit Dessert
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- 2Add the eggs, beat until light and fluffy.
- 3Add the vanilla extract(or almond).
- 4Mix in the flour and baking powder, mix until smooth.
- 5Butter a 13x9 inch baking dish, and pour the mixture into the dish.
- 6Spoon the pie filling into the cake, into 16 spots, spacing 4 spoonfuls evenly in each direction
- 7Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes or until golden and cake tests done. Filling will sink into the cake while baking.
- 8To serve, cut into the desired serving sizes and sprinkle with confectioners sugar. (optional)