Pumpkin Spice Cake
1 pkgspice cake mix
1 cpumpkin, canned or cooked
1/2 cbrown sugar, lightly packed
WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING
1 pkgcreme cheese instant pudding mix
1/4 cpowdered sugar
1 ccold milk
8 ozcontainer of cool whip, thawed
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Place cake mix, oil, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin and water in large bowl.
- Mix on low speed until just blended, then continue to beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- To make a cakeroll spray a light coat of oil on bottom of jelly roll pan (15.5" x 18") and place a piece of parchment or wax paper on the bottom of pan. Spread evenly. Bake for 25-20 minutes or until center springs back when touched lightly.
- This recipe can be made as a layer cake or a sheet cake and should be cooked for 25 - 30 minutes or until center springs back when touched lightly.
- Cool on wire rack for ten minutes, then remove from pan.
- If you are making a cake roll turn cake upside down onto a large cotton dish towel dusted with powdered sugar and roll from narrow end with the dish towel attached and let rest until cooled. Then unroll and add Creme Cheese Whipped Cream Frosting after it is completely covered roll it back up, place on a large plate and serve.
- To make Whipped Cream Frosting mix together pudding mix, powdered sugar and milk. Let it mixture stand for about 5 minutes and then fold in whipped topping until completely mixed. Spread on cake at once. Cakes with this frosting should be refrigerated.