Priscilla's Strawberry Cake
It's a winning cake for everyone because it's so good!
Priscilla's birthday is in November and I can't always find good strawberries so I use frozen ones,but the cake is delicious in the Spring,when I macerate fresh strawberries in sugar .
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 oz box strawberry jello
- 15 oz frozen strawberries in sugar,thawed and pureed
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 c water
- 1/4 c butter,softened
- 8 oz cream cheese,softened
- 3 oz frozen strawberries,in sugar,thawed ,pureed
- 6 c powdered sugar
- strawberries for garnish,optional
How to Make Priscilla's Strawberry Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease or spray 2 (or 3) 9-inch round cake pans.
Combine cake mix and gelatin in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat in pureed strawberries, eggs, oils, and water until smooth. Pour batter into pans, dividing the batter equally between them.
Bake 25-30 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cool in pans 15 minutes. Then, remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
To make the frosting:
With an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy. Beat in strawberries. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and beat until smooth.
Spread frosting on cake, covering between layers, on top, and on the sides. Garnish with fresh strawberries.