Powdered & Honeyed Funnel Cake
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- baking powdered
- 1-1 1/2 c
- salad oil for frying
- powdered sugar & honey, as needed
How to Make Powdered & Honeyed Funnel Cake
- 1Beat eggs, milk, and vanilla in medium bowl and blend well. Sift the dry ingredients and add to the egg mixture. Beat well until smooth.
- 2Heat oil (about 1-1 1/2 cups) on medium heat in a 10' skillet. Pour half the batter in a pyrex measuring cup. When oil is hot but not spitting (oil is too hot if this happens, turn temp down a little.)
- 3Begin pouring batter slowly all around the pan in a lacy circle until measuring cup is empty. Cook about 1-2 minutes on each side and reach a golden color and edges are crispy and cake is done.
- 4Remove cake from fat and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with warm honey all over. Heavenly! Repeat same process for 2nd cake as well.