- 1 bag
- (3.3 oz.) microwavable kettle corn
- 1/4 cup
- butter, plus more for greasing the pan
- 3 cups
- miniature marshmallows (*see note)
- 1 cup
- hershey's chocolate m&m's, or peanut m&m's
How to Make Popcorn Cake
- 1Make microwavable popcorn according to instructions on the bag. Discard any un-popped popcorn seeds from the bag.
- 2Butter the inside of one 8x8-inch pan with a bit of butter. Then line inside of pan with plastic wrap.
- 3In a large kettle or Dutch oven, add the 1/4 cup of butter. (I used a large Teflon coated kettle/pan, when making this recipe.) Melt the butter over low heat, then add the marshmallows; stirring until marshmallows have melted completely.
- 4Remove kettle from stove, and quickly stir the melted marshmallows and popcorn together.
- 5Add the M&M's, and quickly stir them in as well.
- 6Pour the popcorn mixture into the prepared pan.
- 7With buttered hands, press popcorn mixture down into the pan.
- 8Cover pan with plastic wrap, and set pan aside to cool for a few hours before cutting into squares. (I let mine set for at least 4 hours.)
- 9*Note: I have also made this with 4 cups of miniature marshmallows. With the extra marshmallows added, this will make 8 servings.