Plum Blueberry Upside Down Cake
Recipe and photo adapted from Allrecipes.com
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/4 cbrown sugar
4black plums, pitted and thinly sliced
How to Make Plum Blueberry Upside Down Cake
- Combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Grease a 9 inch cake pan.
In the prepared pan, combine 3 tbsp. butter and brown sugar.
Place pan inside preheated 350 degrees oven until the butter melts and begins to bubble. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the 1/3 cup butter and 1 cup white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg,, then stir in the vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Arrange plums around the edges of the prepared pan, overlapping slightly.
Distribute the blueberries in the center.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, covering fruit completely.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 -50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Cool 10- 15 minutes on wire rack, then invert to plate.