Plain Sour Cream Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 lbbutter, at room temperature
2 3/4 csugar
6 largeeggs at room temperature
1/4 tspbaking soda
1 (8 oz) pkgsour cream
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
1/3 tsplemon extract
1 tsporange flavoring
How to Make Plain Sour Cream Cake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Butter and flour a tube pan.
- Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating well between each egg.
- Sift flour with salt and baking soda.
- Add sifted flour mixture alternately with sour cream, starting with flour and ending with flour. Beat well.
- Stir in the lemon extract and orange flavoring.
- Bake in prepared tube pan for 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick comes out clean.