Pistachio Cream Cheese Layerd Cake
- 1 box
- duncan hines french vanilla cake
- 3 large
- 1/4 c
- canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1 c
- 3 box
- pistachio pudding mix (jello brand)
- 8 small
- drops of green food coloring
- 1 pkg
- philadelphia cream cheese (8oz)
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- 2% milk
- 2 pkg
- cool whip topping 8oz each
How to Make Pistachio Cream Cheese Layerd Cake
- 3Bake in oven for 26-29 minutes according to box. While that's baking, mix cream cheese (blends best at room temp.),1/2 cup milk, & 1 tsp vanilla until smooth. Then add one box of pistachio pudding mix and an additional 1/2 cup of milk, blending well... then lastly blend 1 whole tub of cool whip to the mix and refrigerate.
- 4When the cake is cool... Use a frosting spatula to slip around the outer edging of the cake to make sure its not sticking to the pan. Then take a cookie sheet, place on top of cake, hold tightly together and flip quickly, set flat on table, tap the bottom of cake pan a few times, lift cake pan off the now upside down cake, take a cake knife or any long knife and cut evenly down the center splitting the cake into 2 sections. Once separated flip and place the bottom half of the cake back in the pan or on a tray.
- 5Remove pistachio filling from fridge, stir a few times to make it easier to spread on the bottom layer of the cake... once all of the pistachio filling has been spooned on the bottom layer of the cake... smooth over to make it evenly across the entire cake, then flip and place the top half of the cake back on the bottom.