Pineapple Strawberry Banana Upside Down Cake
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- 1 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed divided use
- 1-20 oz
- canned crushed pineapple, drained (juice reserved)
- 2 c
- chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix (18-3/4 ozs.)
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- ripe medium size bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 3 large
- 1 c
- water (add enough water to the reserved pineapple juice to make the one cup water)
How to Make Pineapple Strawberry Banana Upside Down Cake
- 1Prepare your 13x9-1/2x2 inch cake by either greasing the sides with butter or using cooking spray such as Pam. Place the butter in your cake pan and place it in the oven while your oven is preheating at 350 degrees so that your butter melts. Once butter is melted remove pan from oven and sprinkle one cup of the brown sugar evenly over the bottom of your pan.
- 3In a large mixing bowl place the dry cake mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add mashed bananas, 1 cup water/pineapple juice mix, oil, and eggs. Blend with an electric mixer for one minute. Stop mixer and scrap down side of bowl with rubber spatula. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed until well blended, scraping sides again if needed.
- 5Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand about 5 minutes for topping to set; then turn cake onto a large serving platter or a cookie sheet. Serve cake pieces with a dollop of whipped cream if desired. This cake is good both warm or cold. Enjoy!!