We didn't have candied fruit, so we used pineapple......
2 cself rising flour
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
16 oz. can(s)crushed pineapple with juice
1 stickbutter, room temperature
2 pkgcream cheese, room temperature
2 cconfectioners sugar
1 1/2 stickbutter, room temperature
1 tsplemon extract
1 ccrushed walnuts
How to Make Pineapple Fruitcake
- mixflour, eggs, both sugars,and 1 stick butter in a large bowl
- add in can of crushed pineapple, juice included and stir until mixed. sweetened coconut can also be added to batter....makes it even more sinfulicious
- pour batter into a greased/floured cake pan.....I prefer a 8 1/2 x 16 pan
- bake in oven set at 425 until browned.....approx. 35 minutes
- in a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, remaining butter, lemon extract, and confectioners sugar until smooth
- after cake is done, let cool and spread icing on top....then sprinkle crushed or broken walnuts over top.....you can leave out nuts also.....your preference.
- invite friends or family over to enjoy a fun, delicious treat!!!!!