Pineapple-Banana Crepas de Cajeta
From: Better Homes and Garden
- 1/3 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c
- 1 large
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 dash(es)
- 2 Tbsp
- firm bananas, peeled, halved lengthwise and crosswise
- of a cored peeled fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 c
- dulce de leche, cajeta, or caramel sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- dark rum, brandy, or water
How to Make Pineapple-Banana Crepas de Cajeta
- 1For crepes, in a blender combine flour, milk, egg, the 1 tablespoon melted butter, the sugar, vanilla, and salt. Cover and blend until smooth, stopping and scraping the sides as necessary.
- 2Heat a lightly greased 6-inch skillet over medium heat; remove skillet from heat. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into skillet; lift and tilt skillet to spread batter evenly. Return skillet to heat; brown crepe on one side only (about 1 minute). Invert skillet over paper towels to remove crepe from skillet. Repeat with remaining batter, making six crepes total.
- 3In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter over medium heat. Add bananas to hot butter and cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and cook about 2 minutes more or until browned. Remove from skillet and set aside. Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet; add the pineapple. Cook for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2 to 3 tablespoons of the dulce de leche; cook until heated through. Gently stir in bananas.
- 4In the skillet combine the remaining dulche de leche and the rum; heat through. Meanwhile, place a crepe, browned side down, on each of six dessert plates. Divide the fruit mixture among the crepes, placing fruit on one half of each crepe. Fold other half of each crepe over fruit mixture; fold crepe in half again, forming a rounded triangle. Spoon dulce de leche mixture over crepes.
To make the crepes ahead: Prepare crepes as directed. Layer cooled crepes between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight storage container. Cover and freeze for up to 4 months. Thaw at room temperature for 1 hour before using.