Peach Coffee Cake
Recipe and photo adapted from Brown Eyed Baker.
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 cunsalted butter, at room temperature
2eggs, at room temperature
1 csour cream, at room temperature
3large, ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
1/2 cchopped pecans
How to Make Peach Coffee Cake
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and 1 cup of the sugar for 3 to 5 minutes on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy.
Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add the sour cream and vanilla, and mix until the batter is smooth.
slowly add the dry ingredients to batter and mix just until combined.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- Spread half of the batter evenly into the bottom of a greased 9 inch square baking pan.
Top with half of the peaches, then sprinkle with 2/3 rds of the cinnamon sugar. Drop the remaining batter on top of the peaches in small mounds, then use a spatula to gently spread it into an even layer, covering the peaches.
Arrange the remaining peaches on top and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar and the pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature.