★★★★★ 1 vote5
25-30oreos finely chopped or rolled with rolling pin (scrape out the filling first)
1/3-1/2 cmelted butter, use more if needed
24 ozcream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cbutter, room temperature or melted
5large eggs at room temperature
2 tspvanilla extract
1/4 call-purpose flour
8 ozsour cream
20-25oreos broken into 6-8 pieces each
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake
- In a bowl mix the melted butter into the Oreo crumbs.
- Wrap the outside of 10 inch spring-form pan with aluminum foil, and butter the inside of the pan.
- Press the oreo crumbs into the bottom of the pan (optional: press the crumbs up the side an inch or so). Save the remaining crumbs for filling.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature before beginning.
- Keep mixer on low setting throughout the mixing process
- Beat the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the butter to the mixture.
- Gradually add sugar and continue beating until mixed through.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue to beat until blended.
- Add the vanilla, salt, and flour; beat until smooth.
- Add the sour cream and beat well.
- Turn off the mixer and stir in 10-15 of the broken Oreos with a spoon and whatever is left over from the crust. You can also add some of the Oreo filling into the mixture if you want.
- Pour the mixture into the pan onto the previously prepared crust.
- Take the rest of the broken apart Oreos and place on top of the cheesecake.
- On a lower rack place a big shallow baking pan with water to keep in moisture or put the cheesecake in a water bath.
- Place the cheesecake onto the top rack and bake for 1 hour.
- After the hour check it by gently shaking the pan; if it jiggles slightly it is done. If it jiggles quite a bit leave it in for another 10 minutes and check again.
- After it is done baking turn off the oven and prop open the door. Let the cheesecake stay in the opened oven until the oven reaches room temperature.
- Take the cheesecake out and let it sit on the counter for at least another hour to cool some more.
- Place into the refrigerator and let cool for at least 24 hours; the longer you wait the better it is.