Orange Pumpkin Poppy Seed Cake
Photo adapted from Taste of Home.
1 pkg(18 ounce) orange cake mix
1 can(s)(15 ounce) pumpkin
2/3 corange juice
2 Tbsppoppy seeds
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
2-3 Tbsporange juice
2 Tbspsoftened butter
2 Tbspsoftened cream cheese
How to Make Orange Pumpkin Poppy Seed Cake
- Combine cake mix, pumpkin, eggs and orange juice.
Beat on low speed of mixer until moistened.
Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add poppy seeds; mix until blended.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9 inch layer cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-31 minutes.
Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost with a cream cheese icing.
Can be made in a Bundt pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
Drizzle with a cream cheese glaze.
- Cream Cheese Glaze
Combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth.
Add more juice, as needed, until desired consistency is reached.