ORANGE DREAMSICLE REFRIGERATOR CAKE
1 boxorange cake mix
·(plus eggs, oil and water called for on box)
1 box(3 oz.) orange gelatin
1 cboiling water
4 ozcream cheese, room temperature
2 Tbsppowdered sugar
1 box(3 1/2 oz.) instant vanilla pudding
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 tsporange extract
18 oz. tub whipped topping, thawed
How to Make ORANGE DREAMSICLE REFRIGERATOR CAKE
- Prepare and bake cake according to box instructions for a 9"x13" glass pan.
- Immediately upon removing cake from oven, poke holes all over using a skewer or chopstick.
- Pour orange gelatin into a medium bowl, add boiling water and mix until dissolved.
- Slowly pour (or spoon) over cake, filling all the holes well.
- Allow cake to cool completely (after 1/2 hr., it can be refrigerated to hasten the cooling.)
- When the cake has cooled, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar, until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in 1/4 of the cup of milk, until smooth.
- Gradually add remaining 3/4 cup milk and blend until smooth.
- Add the vanilla pudding mix, vanilla extract and orange extract and mix until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping until well incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers.