My Mama's Pound Cake
How to Make My Mama's Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 or 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl (or stand up mixer) cream butter. Gradually cream in sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Toss in lemon peel and juice, blend well. Gradually add flour, mix well.
- Pour into a well greased and floured Bundt pan. Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or till toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan on a rack about 15 minutes. Invert onto rack and allow to cool completely.