My family calls thei Death by Chocolate Cake
- 1 box
- yellow or white cake mix
- 1/2 c
- cocoa powder(herserys)
- 1 c
- 2 c
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make My family calls thei Death by Chocolate Cake
- 1For cake just follow directions..I use White or Yellow cake mixes.I sometimes make just a 2 layer but when I get creative i will make a 4 layer by cutting the layers in half
- 2after cooked and cooled take a straw or a something similar in size and poke holes all around and through the cake.
- 3For the Topping :
Mix the cocoa powder and the water in a saucepan. Heat and stir to dissolve the cocoa.
- 4Add the sugar, and stir to dissolve. Boil for 3 minutes over medium heat. Be careful not to let it get too hot and boil over!
- 5Add the salt and the vanilla.
- 6Once the Chocolate Syrup is done let it cool just a few minutes and then pour it all over the cake letting it seep into the holes you have in the cake..it is going to be runny ..I take a spoon and keep putting it back on top of the cake..
- 7once done and you cut the cake it will have marble all down thru the cake and you will have a sweet delicious cake to enjoy....my mom also made the chocolate syrup for us to put on pancakes and cat head biscuits....OMG it was to dye for! Enjoy !!