The Most Moist Banana Cake
I made this and took it to a pot bless and the pastor started dinner with this cake! He then proclaimed that all dinners should start with dessert first.
The bananas should have sugar spots (little black spots) and be sweet and almost overripe. Note - almost overripe, not already overripe. I buy these bananas because no one wants them (people usually want the nice ones with no spots), they're always cheaper and they are so good in this cake!
125 gbutter, softened
3/4 ccaster sugar
3/4 cself rising flour
3/4 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
400 gvery ripe bananas, mashed
How to Make The Most Moist Banana Cake
- Line and grease an 8x8" square cake tin.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition until just combined.
- Preheat oven to moderate heat (about 375F or 180C).
- Sift the flours and baking soda. Mash half the banana and add that into the butter mixture with half the sifted dry ingredients. Mix lightly with a spatula or wooden spoon. Mash remaining banana and add in along with remaining dry ingredients.
- Fill cake tin with batter and level out. Bake for 45 minutes or till tester comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy freshly baked together with ice cream, or slice into thin slices the following day and toast lightly, then butter and enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.