Mom's Old-Fashioned Apple Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 boxduncan hines deluxe ii spice cake mix
1 can(s)(1 lb, 5 oz) apple pie filling
1/2 cchopped pecans or walnuts
1 call purpose flour
1 tspground cinnamon
1/2 c(1 stick) unsalted butter, slightly softened
How to Make Mom's Old-Fashioned Apple Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For cake: In a large bowl combine dry cake mix, eggs, water and nuts. Blend at low speed until completely moistened, about 1 minute. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Fold in pie filling.
- Spread batter in a greased and floured 13x9x2-inch pan.
- For topping: In a medium bowl combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and softened butter with a pastry blender. (Mixture will be crumbly.) Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes until center springs back when touched lightly.