Mom's Delicious Red Velvet Cake
- 1 box
- duncan hines red velvet cake mix
- 16 Tbsp
- (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 c
- powedered sugar
- 16 oz
- cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp
- pinch salt
How to Make Mom's Delicious Red Velvet Cake
- 1For cake: bake cake in two round 8-inch cake pans (this is the prettiest), 24 cupcakes or in a 13x9-inch baking pan according to package directions. Cool cake completely before frosting.
- 2For frosting: with electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, one piece at a time, and beat until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Beat in vanilla and salt. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3When cakes are cooled, spread about 2 cups frosting on one cake layer. Top with second cake layer and spread top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 3 days.