Molasses Spice Crumb Cake
How to Make Molasses Spice Crumb Cake
- 1Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13X9-inch baking pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Mix well. Cut in the margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles crumbs the size of a pea.
- 3Measure out 1 1/4 cups of the crumbs and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- 4In a large microwave safe bowl, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Remove from microwave and stir in the molasses. Add the baking soda and mix quickly. (This mixture will foam quite a bit at this stage.)
- 5Quickly pour into crumbs and mix quickly qith a wire whisk. Mixture will be VERY thin.
- 6Pour into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle reserved crumbs evenly over top.
- 8Please note: this recipe can be halved and baked in an 8X8X2 baking pan.