Mint Oreo Brownie Ice Cream Cake
It’s a no brainer. Especially if you like mint. There is something incredibly refreshing about the mint in this. And who are we kidding? Oreos rock and make everything even better!
- 1 box
- brownie mix, plus ingredients required on box
- 1/4 c
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- mint extract
- green food coloring or icing color
- recipe of homemade whipped cream (or 8 oz cool whip, thawed )
- 1 (20 oz) bottle
- chocolate sundae syrup, i use smucker's
- 1 pkg
- mint oreos, chopped, divided into 2 groups (reserve a handful of chopped oreos to sprinkle on top)
How to Make Mint Oreo Brownie Ice Cream Cake
An 8-inch springform pan is best for this recipe so that you can easily remove the cake once it’s been assembled. If you do not have a springform pan, line your pan with clear wrap before adding your parchment paper and cake board. You can use the clear warp to lift your cake out of the pan once it’s assembled and frozen.
Make brownie dough according to instructions on back of box.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Grease two 8-inch pans (preferable springform pans, see note above) and line the bottoms with parchment paper to allow for easy removal.
- 4Bake at temperature on box, reducing baking time to about 20 minutes (You can also bake 1 big brownie – which would cook for the normal time – and cut it in half, but cutting a brownie in half isn’t super easy).
- 5When brownies are done baking, allow to completely cool, then remove from pans.
- 6Ice Cream:
Combine milk, cream cheese, sugar, mint extract and desired amount of food coloring together in the bowl of a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer. Mix until completely combined.
- 7Fold in the homemade whipped cream or cool whip.
- 8Assembling it all:
Line the sides of an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- 9The parchment paper should stick up above the top edge of the pan, since the cake will probably be a little taller than your pan.
- 10If you want, put a cardboard cake circle in the bottom of the pan.
You should be using the same 8-inch pan you used for the brownies. Not all 8-inch pans are exactly the same size. Your brownie needs to fit in this pan.
- 12Put the first brownie layer in the bottom of your pan.
- 13Spread the first group of Oreos on top on brownie.
- 14Cover Oreos with about 1/2 cup chocolate sauce.
- 15Top with half of the mint ice cream.
- 16Add second brownie to the pan, on top of the ice cream.
- 17Cover second brownie with the second group of Oreos and another 1/2 cup of chocolate sauce.
- 18Top with remaining mint ice cream.
- 19Allow ice cream cake to freeze completely.
- 20When frozen, remove from springform pan and remove parchment paper from sides.
- 21Top with remaining handful of chopped Oreos and chocolate sauce, allowing it to drizzle down the sides.