Miami Beach Cake
6 ozchocolate chips
1/2 cgraham cracker crumbs
1/3 cbutter, melted
1/2 cwalnuts, chopped
2 call-purpose flour
1 1/2 cbuttermilk
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
1 1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 cheavy cream (whipping cream)
How to Make Miami Beach Cake
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place two ounces of the chocolate chips in a microwave-proof bowl.
- Microwave the chips, one minute at a time, slightly stirring after each minute until the chips are completely melted.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter.
- Into the graham cracker crumb mixture, stir in the walnuts and the remainder of the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour with the soda and salt.
- Add the butter and cream well.
- Gradually add the sugar; cream well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Blend in the melted chips and the vanilla.
- At a low speed, add the dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk. *Begin and end with the dry ingredients.
- Pour into a 13x9 greased and floured pan.
- Sprinkle the cake batter with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a clean bowl, beat the heavy cream with two tablespoons of sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Frost the cake.
- Cover the cake and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.