Make-Your-Own Ice Cream Cake
How to Make Make-Your-Own Ice Cream Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom only of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- 2Make brownies according to directions on box. Spread into the bottom of the baking pan. Cook 35 minutes, or according to package instructions, until cooked well and set in the middle. Let cool completely.
- 3(You can also use a cake mix or cookie mix, either homemade or boxed for this bottom layer)
- 4While brownie is cooling, set ice cream out to soften. When brownie is cool and ice cream is soft but not melted, spread all of ice cream on top of brownie or cake layer, spreading to all corners and sides completely. Place immediately into freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- 5After ice cream has frozen well, spread top with canned frosting (you could also make homemade buttercream or cream cheese frosting, any flavor). Decorate with chopped candy-I used Andes candies cut in half diagonally. Place back into freezer and take out at least 15 minutes before ready to cut and serve. Keep in freezer.