Magnificent Mason Muffins (vegies included)
Lisa, Mason's Mom
He still loves them in high school!
·use organic, if available
3/4 ccoconut oil
1/2 capplesauce, unsweetened
1 cturbinado sugar
2 czucchini, shredded (liquid squeezed out)
1 ccarrot, finally chopped
1 1/2 cunbleached, unbromated, white flour
1 1/2 cwhole wheat flour (brown or white)
1 tspbaking powder, non aluminum
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Magnificent Mason Muffins (vegies included)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use cupcake papers to make 24 muffins.
- In a large sized mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, beat eggs to fluffy.
- Add oil, applesauce and sugar to the eggs. Mix together.
- Then add zucchini, carrot and vanilla. Mix together.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Divide into muffin papers and bake for 30 minutes.
- These muffins need to “sleep” one day before they are good. So make sure you make them one day before you need them. They keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks in an airtight container.