Magic Custard Cake
I hope you like it as much as my family does, because it sure disappears fast around here!
4eggs, yolks separated & room temperature
1/2 cbutter, melted
3/4 call purpose flour
1 can(s)evaporated milk
1/4 cwater, (as needed to make 2 cups)
3 Tbsppowdered sugar
How to Make Magic Custard Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Separate eggs, placing whites in a med. mixing bowl. Beat until whites are stiff & set aside.
- In another med. bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until light.Add butter & vanilla and continue beating for another minute or so, then start gradually adding flour until it's completely incoroprated.
- Slowly add the milk and continue beating until it's well blended. Scrape the sides & bottom of bowl as the flour will settle fast. Using a whisk, gently mix about 1/2 the egg whites into the batter. Then pour that mixed batter into the remaining egg whites & whisk gently until completely blended.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-70 minutes*, until top is evenly golden. *Check at 40 minutes because the time can vary with type of pan & oven. I used a pyrex dish and baked for 60 minutes. A dark or metal pan may cook faster. Also, It will rise up along the edges but not so much in the middle. This will settle during cooling.
- Cool completely & dust with powdered sugar. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight for best results.