Lover's Berry Delight Cake
Each bite is perfectly heavenly!
- 1 c
- softened butter
- 1 2/3 c
- white sugar
- 2 tsp
- 3 c
- sifted cake flour
- 2 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/3 c
- raspberry jam
- sliced strawberries
- mixed fresh berries
- basic cream cheese frosting
How to Make Lover's Berry Delight Cake
- 11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 - 9 inch round cake pans.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 40to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
4. Make basic cream cheese frosting. 8oz cream cheese, 4T butter, 4c powdered sugar 1t vanilla. Beat cream cheese & butter till creamy, slowly add sugar and vanilla
5. Spread 1/2c frosting on bottom layer, spread raspberry jam over frosting, add 2nd layer cake, frost completely.
6. use variety of fresh berries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, chopped strawberries.
7. Mound in center of cake, slice whole strawberries, lay around berries, and on sides of cake,
8. Melt extra raspberry jam and pour over berries to set.