Lisa's Strawberry Cupcakes
- 1 box
- strawberry cake mix
- 1 pkg
- strawberry jello (small box)
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 c
- cooking oil
- 1 pkg
- birdseye* frozen strawberries (box)-thawed & juice reserved
- 1/2 c
- 2 stick
- butter, softened
- 1 box
- 10x powdered sugar
- 1/4 c
- reserved strawberry juice from package
- fresh strawberry slices for garnish (optional)
***PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES***
How to Make Lisa's Strawberry Cupcakes
- 1In a mixing bowl, mix the dry cake mix, jello powder and flour with 1 cup cooking oil. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing between each additon. Add water and mix well.
- 2Measure 1/4 cup of strawberry juice from thawed strawberry package and put aside for frosting. Take remainder of juice and strawberries and place in a bowl. Chop the strawberries or mash them. (I mashed them).
- 3Pour the strawberry mixture into the mixing bowl and blend with cake batter. Line 24 to 30 cupcake holders with liners. Pour batter into each cupcake liner 2/3 full. Bake 16-18 minutes at 350 degrees. (test with tooth pick to make sure done)
- 4While cupcakes are cooling on cooling rack, Mix 2 sticks butter, box of powdered sugar and reserved juice with a mixer. Frost cooled cupcakes with frosting. May add sliced strawberry on top for garnish, or decorate to your liking.
- 5Place frosted cupcakes in an air tight container. Refrigerate after 1 or 2 days. These cupcakes are delicious at room temperature or refrigerated.
- 6***Note*** Can make this a cake by taking three 9inch round cake pans (Use Pam baking spray for cake pans that are not non stick) and divide evenly. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes (test with tooth pick to make sure done) Cool and frost.