Linda's Pound Cake
How to Make Linda's Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 325, grease and flour a large tube pan. You can use a smaller pan or a bundt pan but may get 2 cakes or cupcakes from this batter
- 2Cream together butter and Crisco, slowly add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beat until well incorporated. Mix in vanilla.
- 3In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 4add dry ingredients to butter mixture in 3 batches alternating with the milk. End with flour as the last ingredient. Spread into prepared pans and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes
- 5Cool in pan for 10 minutes, invert on rack and cool completely. Dust with powered sugar, glaze or leave plain