Notes from the Test Kitchen:
This German chocolate cake recipe is very moist and dense. Since there is no leavening agent, the cake does not rise. But what you get is one very chocolaty cake. The frosting tastes just like a traditional German chocolate cake frosting. So good!
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
chocolate chips (use German chocolate for a more authentic cake)
2FOR THE CAKE:
1) Mash the banana and stir in chocolate chips or pieces. Microwave 30-45 seconds then stir until chocolate is melted.
2) Stir in the sugar.
3) Whisk in the eggs.
4) Whisk in the cocoa until blended and no powder is visible on top.
5) Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
6) Let cool before frosting.
3FOR THE FROSTING:
1) Combine the milk, cornstarch, banana, and brown sugar in a small saucepan and heat on medium heat until mixture is bubbly and thickens (about 3 minutes).
2) Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, coconut, and pecans.
3) Cool to room temperature then frost the cake