Lemon Pound Cake with Warm Lemon Sauce
- 1 box
- lemon cake mix (i use duncan hines)
- 1 c
- 3 large
- 8 Tbsp
- butter, room temperature (1 cube) don't use margarine
- zest from 2 lemons
- juice from 2 lemons (i prefer meyer lemons)
- 1 box
- 3.4 ounce instant lemon pudding
- 3/4 c
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- hot water
- egg yolk at room temperature
- zest of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp
- juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tbsp)
How to Make Lemon Pound Cake with Warm Lemon Sauce
- 1preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour or spray with flour no stick spray 10 cup bundt pan or 2- 6 cup loaf pans.
- 2In large mixing bowl combine all 7 cake ingredients and mix on low till just blended, then mix on medium speed for 3 minutes. Batter will be rather thick.
- 3Pour batter into your pan and bake for one hour or till tooth pick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes than turn onto serving dish.
- 4Lemon Sauce:
In medium sauce pan combine sugar and cornstarch, whisk together. Add hot water and whisk in egg yolk and add lemon zest. Cook over medium heat till it comes to a boil and thickens, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter till melted and mixed in. Add lemon juice and stir to blend.
- 5Slice cake and top with lemon sauce and serve. It is just delightful!