Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
- 1 pkg
- yellow cake mix
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil (if "pudding added" cake mix is used, decrease oil to 3 tablespoons)
- 2 8-oz pkg
- cream cheese
- 1 14-oz can(s)
- eagle brand sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1/4-1/3 c
- realemon lemon juice from concentrate
- 2 tsp
- grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Lemon Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Reserve 1/2 cup dry cake mix.
- 2In large mixing bowl, combine remaining cake mix,
1 egg and oil; mix well (mixture will be crumbly). Press firmly on bottom and 1-1/2 inches up sides of greased 13X9-inch baking dish.
- 3Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add remaining 3 eggs and reserved cake mix on medium speed and beat 1 minute.
- 4Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until center is firm. Cool to room temperature and chill thoroughly. Cut into squares to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.