- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- zest of one large lemon, finely minced
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- lemon juice
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan very well and lightly dust with flour.
- 2Cream together the sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla well. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Sift together the flour and baking powder. Gently fold dry ingredients into the creamed mixture until the flour is almost fully incorporated. At that point fold in the blueberries.
- 4Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Baking times may vary considerable, especially if you are using frozen berries which can add 15 - 20 minutes. Watch cake closely and rely on the toothpick test to make sure that it is completely baked.
- 5Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before turning out of pan onto the rack to cool completely.
- 6Whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Use only enough lemon juice to bring the glaze to a thick, but still pourable consistency.
- 7Drizzle with the glaze before serving.