Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
The hubs and I absolutley love this pound cake. Since we are on sugar restriced diets, I subed out one cup of the sugar for splenda. It was still wonderfully delicious.
Thank you Toni for sending me this wonderful recipe. You know me so well.
This recipe comes from www.chef-in-training.com, the picture/pictures are mine.
- 1 c
- butter (two sticks)
- 1 3/4 c
- sugar (i used 1 cup splenda and 3/4 cup sugar)
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp
- 3/4 c
- 2 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 3 c
- fesh blueberries
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon zest, grated
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour 2 large bread pans or 3 small bread pans. Set aside for use later.
- 3In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and lemon zest together for 3-5 minutes.
- 4Add eggs one at a time and beat an additional minute per egg.
Note: there was no instruction on when to add the vanilla, so I added it with the last egg.
- 5In a seperate large bowl, measure and whisk dry ingredients together.
- 6Add dry ingredents to the butter/egg/sugar/lemon mixture, alternately with the buttermilk.
- 7Fold in blueberries. Note: Batter is very thick, so it takes a little muscle to get them mixed in.
- 8Spoon batter into greased and floured bread pans. Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven, for 55 to 60 minutes.
- 9Let loaves cool and pour glaze over them.
Note 1:I let the loaves cool for about 10 minutes, then removed them from the pans, to a cooling rack. Since the loaves are full of blueberries they are somewhat fragile while warm. I used a metal spatula to help me lift them and flip over, to an upright position.
Note 2: the glaze was fairly thick for pouring, I just spooned it on the loaves.
- 10Lemon Glaze:
Whisk glaze ingredients together until smooth.
Note: since the glaze was fairly thick I added a little more lemon juice, to thin it out slightly.