Lavender Buttermilk Pound Cake
- 1/2 c
- butter (1 stick) softened to room temperature, not melted
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- cake flour
- 1/4 c
- dry buttermilk powder
- 1/4 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 c
- whole milk or buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp
- lavender blossoms (food-grade)
How to Make Lavender Buttermilk Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9x5” loaf pan and dust lightly with flour.
- 2With an electric mixer, cream the butter well. Then cream in the sugar until fluffy and well blended. Beat eggs in one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- 3Sift together the cake flour, buttermilk powder, cream of tartar, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk, mixing slowly until thoroughly blended. Fold in lavender blossoms.
- 4Spread batter in prepared pan, and bake about 55-60 minutes, until tester or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5Cool cake 10 minutes in pan, then remove and finish cooling on wire rack.