Lavender Buttermilk Pound Cake
1/2 cbutter (1 stick) softened to room temperature, not melted
1 1/2 csugar
2 ccake flour
1/4 cdry buttermilk powder
1/4 tspcream of tartar
3/4 cwhole milk or buttermilk
3 Tbsplavender blossoms (food-grade)
How to Make Lavender Buttermilk Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9x5” loaf pan and dust lightly with flour.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter well. Then cream in the sugar until fluffy and well blended. Beat eggs in one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Sift together the cake flour, buttermilk powder, cream of tartar, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk, mixing slowly until thoroughly blended. Fold in lavender blossoms.
- Spread batter in prepared pan, and bake about 55-60 minutes, until tester or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake 10 minutes in pan, then remove and finish cooling on wire rack.