1 1/2 cbutter
3 1/2 cflour sifted
3 tspbaking powder
2 tspvanilla extract
2 tsp8 eggs separated
1 craisins chopped
1 cnuts chopped your choice
1 cwine or bourbon
How to Make LANE CAKE
- cream one cup butter and 2 cups sugar together until fluffy and light
- sift flour with baking powder
- add flour mixture with creamed mixture alternately with milk mixing on med, add one tsp. vanilla
- beat egg whites until stiff. fold into cake batter,DO NOT STIR FOLD
- spread into cake pans evenly
- grease and flour 3 - 9" cake pans. Bake on 350 20-30 min until springs back and golden brown
- use half of wine or bourbon on cake layers,brush each layer after stacking.
- beat egg yolks slightly. add remaining sugar and butter,
- cook in double boiler until thick,stirring constantly. add raisins,nuts,and coconut.stir in remaining vanilla and wine
- spread filling thickly between layers of cake and on top and sides.
- she would wrap the cake in 2-3 layers of tin foil and refregirate for 3 days before serveing,you didn't dare try to look at it. so,so good
- I had to put this in terms we could understand if there is something you don't understand or I left out please let me know, I have went over it until I'm crosseyed lol.