Judy's Best 1970s Choco-Cherry Cake
How to Make Judy's Best 1970s Choco-Cherry Cake
- Preheat oven and prepare baking pans according to directions on the back of the cake mix box.
- Combine mix, eggs, cooking oil, water, and vanilla and almond extracts in a large mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for two minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold cherry pie mix into the cake batter by hand until well incorporated.
- Bake according to the directions on the back of the cake mix box for the size pan(s) you are using. NOTE: Some ovens will take a while longer. Cake is done when it pulls away from the sides of the pan and springs back when lightly touched in the middle with your finger.
- Cool cake 10 minutes in pan(s) before turning out on racks to cool. When completely cool, frost with chocolate or any desired frosting.