Jello Poke Cake with Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
How to Make Jello Poke Cake with Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Preheat oven as directed on cake mix box. Follow directions for making a 9X13 cake including all ingredients called for on the box. Bake cake as instructed.
- 2About 5 minutes before the cake is done, in a small bowl, mix jello powder and 1 1/4 cup hot water. Stir until dissolved. NOTE: You do not use the amount of water called for to make regular jello.
- 3When cake is done, let it cool 5 minutes. Poke the cake with a fork or a kebab pole all over the top of the cake going down to the bottom of the pan. Make sure you get the edges and corners.
- 4Using a tablespoon, slowly drip the dissolved hot jello over the cake, taking care to get all of the holes. Cool cale completely and put in refrigerator to continue to cool and set- about 4 hours.
- 5I use this frosting on my poke cakes. I sometimes match the flavor but you can mix it up to make it match holiday colors, shower color or birthday party colors.
It's called Butter and Cream Cheese Frosting:
Butter and Cream Cheese Frosting
Once your cake is frosted, cover and chill it a couple more hours or overnight to let all the flavors set and frosting set up.