Hip Hop Bunny Cake
- golden vanilla cake mix, prepare according to package directions
- 1 pkg
- (14 oz.) coconut, divided
- container,(12 oz.) whipped vanilla frosting
- food coloring - red, green
- jelly beans
- shoestring licorice
How to Make Hip Hop Bunny Cake
- 1Prepare cake mix according to package directions resulting in 2 baked 9-inch round cake layers. Allow to cool.
- 2Measure 2-1/2 cups coconut and set aside. Divide remaining coconut into separate containers with a lid or zip lock type bag as follows:
3/4 cup to be tinted pink
2 cups tinted green
- 3(To tint coconut, add 1 to 2 drops food coloring, close bag or cover with lid and shake to tint coconut the desired color.) Set aside.
- 4Using powdered sugar, dust a cutting board and an 11- by 17-inch jelly roll pan with sugar. Place one round cake layer in the center of the jelly roll pan to serve as the bunny's head.
- 5Place remaining layer on cutting board and cutout a half circle shape on each side of the cake (for the ears) leaving a bowtie shape in the center of the cake. The bowtie shape should resemble an hourglass and be about 1 1/2-inches in width at the widest area. Place half circle shapes above the bunny's head pointing upwards to resemble bunny ears. Place the remaining hourglass shape below the cake round to make a bowtie or collar.
- 6Frost the entire top and sides of cake with frosting.
- 7White Coconut:
Sprinkle bunny's head and ears with white coconut. Press additional coconut onto sides of cake.
- 8Pink Coconut:
Sprinkle pink coconut in center of bunny's ears and on the bowtie/collar. Press additional pink coconut onto sides of cake.
- 9Green Coconut:
Sprinkle green coconut around outer edge of bunny to cover the exposed pan and resemble grass.
- 10Bunny's face:
2 pink jellybeans to resemble eyes
6 3-inch strands of licorice to resemble whiskers
1 dark colored jelly bean for the nose
1 jelly bean for the mouth
3 jelly beans in the center of the bowtie or collar to resemble buttons