☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
FOR THE CUPCAKES
4 largeegg whites
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cvegetable oil
·zest of 2 large lemon or 4 small lemons
6 Tbspwhole milk
2 call-purpose flour
1 chefeweizen or other wheat beer
FOR THE BEER GLAZE
1 cmalted milk powder
4 Tbspall-purpose flour
1/2 chefeweizen or other wheat beer
8 Tbspunsalted butter, room temperature
2 1/2 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Hefeweizen Cupcakes
- For the Cupcakes:
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually mix in the sugar.
- Mix in baking powder, baking soda, vegetable oil, zest, and milk.
- Mix in half of the flour.
- Mix in the beer.
- Mix in the other half of the flour.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the Beer Glaze:
In a double boiler, combine all the ingredients except for the butter and sugar.
- Melt the mixture, stirring continuously until it's thick - about 12 minutes. Mixture will be lumpy.
- Cool completely.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the cooled malt mixture with the butter.
- Mix in the powdered sugar. The end result should be a thick and sticky glaze.
- Spread onto cooled cupcakes.