Great Maple Syrup Nut Cake
Photo adapted from Taste of Home.
1 pkg(18 ounce) yellow cake mix
1/3 csoftened butter
1/2 cmaple syrup
1/2 cchopped toasted pecans
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
3 Tbspsoftened butter
1 1/2 oz(half of a 3 ounce pkge. softened cream cheese
3-4 Tbspmaple syrup
How to Make Great Maple Syrup Nut Cake
- In a large bowl, beat all cake ingredients, except nuts, with electric mixer om low speed for 30 seconds.
Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Fold in pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
Cool 15 minutes on wire rack.
Remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Can be baked in 2 greased and floured 9 inch layer cake pans for 28-31 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat powdered sugar, 3 tbsps. butter, the cream cheese and 3 tbsps. of the syrup with electric mixer on low speed.
- Beat in enough of the remaining syrup to make a soft, smooth frosting that will flow down the sides of the cake.
Spread frosting over the cake.
Can use a whipped cream frosting on the layer cake.