Glazed Toasted Coconut Bundt Cake
- 1 1/2 c
- sweetened flaked coconut, toasted and divided
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- margarine, softened
- 2 c
- 4 large
- 1 tsp
- coconut extract
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 c
- 1 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 c
- cream of coconut
- 2 Tbsp
- sweetened whipped cream, optional, for garnish
How to Make Glazed Toasted Coconut Bundt Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease and flour 10 cup Bundt pan (or generously coat with baking spray) Set aside.
- 2To toast coconut: Spread coconut on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 - 20 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning, or until toasted and fragrant.
- 3FOR THE CAKE:
- 4In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In another large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, cream the margarine and sugar about 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the extracts and beat well.
- 6Add the flour mixture in thirds, alternating with the buttermilk and ending with the flour. Gently stir in 1 cup of the toasted coconut.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pan and gently cut through batter once or twice with a rubber spatula. Bake 60-70 minutes or until cake is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan for 10 minutes on wire rack. Invert cake onto rack and cool completely.
- 9Meanwhile, for the glaze: In a small bowl combine the confectioner's sugar, cream of coconut and milk and whisk until smooth. Place cooled cake on serving plate and drizzle evenly with glaze. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup toasted coconut over top.
- 10Serve with sweetened whipped cream if desired.