☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
5 level Tbspblack treacle
4 level Tbspgolden syrup
3 ozdemerara sugar (3 rounded tbsp)
1 heapeddessertspoon marmalade
4 ozself-raising flour (4 heaped tbsp)
2 heaped tspground ginger
1 heaped tspmixed spice
1\4 level tspbicarbonate of soda
4 ozfine oatmeal or wholemeal flour (4 heaped tbsp)
2eggs - (i've always used medium sized eggs)
How to Make GINGERBREAD
- Pre-heat oven to 335F/168C, Gas Mark 3.
Brush the inside of a 7 inch cake tin with melted butter or margarine. Line with double greaseproof paper & brush over with the melted margarine.
- Put the margarine, black treacle, golden syrup, demerara sugar, milk & marmalade in a medium sized saucepan. Stir over a low heat until the margarine has melted. Remove from the heat & leave to cool to lukewarm.
- Sieve the self-raising flour, ground ginger, mixed spice & bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl. Stir in the oatmeal OR wholemeal flour. Add the cooled melted ingredients with the eggs to the mixture & beat well.
- Pour into the prepared tin. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 1 12 - 1 34 hours.
- Test before removing from oven. Leave in the tray for 2 - 3 minutes. Turn out, remove the paper & cool on a wire tray. Enjoy.