- 4 oz
- 5 level Tbsp
- black treacle
- 4 level Tbsp
- golden syrup
- 3 oz
- demerara sugar (3 rounded tbsp)
- 5 Tbsp
- 1 heaped
- dessertspoon marmalade
- 4 oz
- self-raising flour (4 heaped tbsp)
- 2 heaped tsp
- ground ginger
- 1 heaped tsp
- mixed spice
- 1\4 level tsp
- bicarbonate of soda
- 4 oz
- fine oatmeal or wholemeal flour (4 heaped tbsp)
- eggs - (i've always used medium sized eggs)
How to Make GINGERBREAD
- 1Pre-heat oven to 335F/168C, Gas Mark 3.
Brush the inside of a 7 inch cake tin with melted butter or margarine. Line with double greaseproof paper & brush over with the melted margarine.
- 2Put the margarine, black treacle, golden syrup, demerara sugar, milk & marmalade in a medium sized saucepan. Stir over a low heat until the margarine has melted. Remove from the heat & leave to cool to lukewarm.
- 3Sieve the self-raising flour, ground ginger, mixed spice & bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl. Stir in the oatmeal OR wholemeal flour. Add the cooled melted ingredients with the eggs to the mixture & beat well.
- 4Pour into the prepared tin. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 1 12 - 1 34 hours.
- 5Test before removing from oven. Leave in the tray for 2 - 3 minutes. Turn out, remove the paper & cool on a wire tray. Enjoy.