German Chocolate Cake with Coconut Pecan Icing
How to Make German Chocolate Cake with Coconut Pecan Icing
- 1Microwave chocolate and water 1-2 minutes stirring after 1 min. until chocolate is melted. Spray 9 x 11 in. pan.
- 2Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form,set aside, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat butter and sugar in another bowl, until light and fluffy adding egg yolks one at a time.
- 3Blend in melted chocolate and vanilla, add flour mixture, alternately with buttermilk, beating until well blended after each.
- 4Add egg whites stirring gently until well blended. Pour into prepared pan, Bake at 350 for 30 min.
- 5While cake is baking make your icing.Beat 4 egg yolks with 1 can evaporated milk, add 1 1/2 teas. vanilla, and 1 1/2 c. sugar, until well blended, cook on stove adding 3/4 c. butter, cook on med. heat for about 14 min. then remove from heat stirring constantly.
- 6Add 1 7 oz.package of Bakers Angel Flake Coconut, and 1 1/2 c. chopped pecans mixing well, then spread onto cake.